Commercial Banker/Senior Commercial Banker
Company: Wintrust Financial
Location: Oak Lawn
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Wintrust is a financial holding company with approximately $50
billion assets under management and traded on the NASDAQ:WTFC.
Built on the "HAVE IT ALL" model, Wintrust offers sophisticated
technology and resources of a large bank while focusing on
providing service-based community banking to each and every
customer. Wintrust operates fifteen community bank subsidiaries
with over 170 banking locations in the greater Chicago and southern
Wisconsin market areas. Additionally, Wintrust operates various
non-bank business units including commercial and life insurance
premium financing, short-term accounts receivable financing,
out-sourced administrative services, mortgage origination and
purchase, wealth management services and qualified intermediary
services for tax-deferred exchanges. Why join us?
- An award-winning culture! We are rated a Top Workplace by the
Chicago Tribune (past 8 years) and Employee Recommended award by
the Globe & Mail (past 6 years)
- Competitive pay and annual discretionary bonus eligible
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental,
vision, life, a 401k plan with a generous company match and tuition
reimbursement to name a few
- Family-friendly work hours
- With 175+ community bank locations, we offer opportunities to
grow and develop in your career
- Promote from within culture Why join this team?
- We are a vibrant, team-oriented atmosphere that provides
opportunities for individual growth;
- Our team is in a unique position that allows us to collaborate
with multiple other departments, have exposure to executive
management, and develop new reporting;
- We are seeking a critical thinker that's willing to learn and
not afraid of taking on new initiatives. Senior Commercial Banking:
The Senior Commercial Banker is responsible for managing and
growing an existing portfolio of commercial banking customers,
expanding existing customer relationships, and developing new
business. Working with Clients that are $20Million - $500million in
revenue. This position provides exceptional service to build and
strengthen customer relationships by promoting products and
services as appropriate to identify and fulfill customer needs.
Responsible for new business development through referral sources
and cold calling efforts. What you will be doing:
- Maintain and develop existing portfolio by assessing and
meeting client's business and personal needs.
- Increase the Bank's profitability by cultivating new commercial
- Negotiate proper loan structure and effectively cross sell
- Maintain properly documented files and manage renewals and
collection efforts on past dues and defaulted loans.
- Maintains comprehensive understanding of current commercial
products offered in the market and keeps informed of all relevant
industry trends and practices.
- Maintain and build a professional network of COI's and referral
- Maintain a stable network of prospective customers with a
consistent approach to calling. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree with a business, finance, economics or
accounting major (preferred)
- Formal Bank credit training is preferred, with a strong
understanding of general credit and risk principles, mitigates, and
- 10 + years Commercial Lending Experience.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. Strong
analytical, organizational and time management skills. Proven
ability to manage tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills used within a team environment and
in client interaction with emphasis on relationship building
- Ability to proactively manage and prioritize work flow. From
our first day in business, Wintrust has been proud to serve a
variety of unique communities and people from all walks of life. To
be Chicago's Bank and Wisconsin's Bank , we need to reflect that
diversity both in all the communities we serve, the people we
employ, the organizations we work with, and our banking and lending
practices. Wintrust Financial Corporation, including community
banking and financial services subsidiaries, is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age,
disability, or status as a covered veteran or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Wintrust Financial, Oak Lawn , Commercial Banker/Senior Commercial Banker, Accounting, Auditing , Oak Lawn, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!