Registered Nurse Lead - Home Health
Company: Advocate Aurora Health
Location: Oak Lawn
Posted on: March 19, 2023
REGISTERED NURSE LEADLOCATION: SOUTH CITYHOURS: DAYSMajor
- Responsible for direct and in-direct patient care, (Clinical
responsibilities vary based upon department specialty.)
- 1)Maintains productivity levels as outlined in departmental
standards and goals.
- 2)Provides clinical coverage as needed by patient volume or
work flow. --- Assists in direct patient care activities, (which
could include office procedures, triage, etc.). --- Assists with
indirect patient activities, (which could include incoming calls,
scheduling appointments, orders tests, etc.). --- Serves as an
advocate and liaison between patients, staff, physicians and
external customers by sharing necessary information to ensure
continuity of care.
- Responsible for daily team operations, staffing schedules and
works to ensure overall work standards and goals are achieved.
- 1)Ensures high flexibility of staff to minimize downtime and
allow for job rotation while ensuring that effective work balance
in the team is maintained.
- 2)Coordinates staffing schedule and works to address staffing
issues providing for coverage when warranted.
- 3)Carries out process audits to confirm maintenance of standard
- 4)Carries out 6S audits.
- 5)Actively seeks to drive waste out of the process.
- 6)Ensures visual management is maintained and shares feedback
with team members regularly.
- 7)Engages and encourages associates while executing process
- Under the direction of the department head, manages direct
reports' orientation, training, and performance. Upholds clinic
policies and serves as a role model by acting in a manner
consistent with Behavior Expectations.
- 1)Ensures direct reports meet daily, monthly and annual
accountabilities as depicted by position job description and
department procedures. --- Knowledgeable of direct reports
accountabilities as outlined in their job description and as they
relate to position work standard. --- Motivates staff, provides
praise and constructive feedback to elicit high levels of
productivity. --- Provides direction to associates regarding
accountability for their actions through verbal counseling,
communicating the course of action to the supervisor. --- Conducts
or participates in annual associate performance reviews; including
one-on-one associate conference to clarify results, encourage
development and/or explain performance plans and compensation. ---
Verifies licensure/certification of direct reports to ensure
clinical compliance, (RN, LPN, CPR, ARRT, ARDMS, etc.); views
original, copies and forwards to HR. --- Monitors and ensures
compliance with annual competencies; HIPAA, Safety Training,
Business Conduct, and OSHA.
- 2)Responsible for the department orientation and training of
new associates under their direction. Conducts ongoing assessment
of orientation and training effectiveness; adjusting as
- 3)Evaluates the need for and develops team/individual training
sessions to reinforce standardization, flexibility, and build new
- 4)Under the direction of the department supervisor/manager,
conducts hiring, correction and termination activities of direct
reports and maintains strict confidentiality standards.
- 5)Understands and acts in support of department work standards,
procedures, initiatives, and continuous process improvement to
positively impact Key Result Areas and guides direct reports as
- 6)Consistently recognizes problem situations that require
action and proceeds accordingly in a calm, professional manner;
demonstrating strong customer service, effective conflict
resolution and service recovery skills.
- 7)Conducts team meetings/huddles; as scheduled or necessary.
--- Ensures regular communication of clinic, site, and department
information to team as necessary or appropriate.
- Supports supervisor / manager in a variety of department /
administrative functions as directed.
- 1)Creates and maintains essential data and files to provide for
department reports as directed by manager/supervisor, (i.e.
Budget/finance, staffing, inventory).
- 2)Provide consistent feedback on overall operations of
department(s) to their direct supervisor/manager.
- 3)Coordinate preventive maintenance and on-demand service for
all equipment, as applicable.
- 4)Delegate problems through proper channels and follows through
to seek completion.
- 5)Attend and assist with department meetings.
- 6)Monitor and maintain an appropriate supply inventory and
coordinate ordering of supplies on a routine or as needed
- 7)Promote cost reduction targets within the team.
- 8)Perform additional tasks as assigned.
- Self Development
- 1)Consistently manages time and demonstrates resource
management skills effectively to complete daily activities.
- 2)Maintains licensure/certification(s).
- 3)Completes clinic competencies as required.
- 4)Maintains general knowledge of clinic and department
policies, procedures and standards. (i.e. Documentation Policy,
Attendance Policy, etc.)
- 5)Participates in developmental/skills training.Licensure:
- Nurse, Registered (RN)Education/Experience Required:
- --- Graduate of an accredited healthcare program relating to
hiring department, or one year experience in related medical
department. --- One year DMC associate, preferred. RN SPEC I: ---
Graduate from an accredited school of nursing. --- 1 year minimum
experience in a critical care department. --- IV skillsKnowledge,
Skills & Abilities Required:
- --- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal
skills. --- Good PC skills; basic keyboarding & typing skills. ---
Strong clinical competencies and skills; (Injections, vitals,
etc.). --- Demonstrated customer service skills. --- Previous
experience supporting, training and mentoring others. --- Proven
ability to use good judgment in stressful situations. --- Ability
to learn medical terminology; if applicable. --- Demonstrated
ability to prioritize tasks. --- Knowledge of medical terminology.
--- Technical expertise that matches the skills required for the
department/area. --- Previous experience with EMR and/or scheduling
systems a plus.
- Appropriate credentials, including license in State of
Illinois, certification, registration, or specialized training as
required by AAAHC and/or clinic to perform clinical duties; (ie;
RN, ARRT, CMA, MA or specialty specific training). --- CPR
certification required upon hire or within 60 days of hire. ---
Additional certification/training required by some specialty
departments: WIC: ACLS, PALS Cardiology: ACLS Oncology: OCN,
Chemo-Bio Card Ophthalmology: Specialized Training RN SPEC I: ---
Current RN license in the state of Illinois. --- CPR certification.
--- ACLS and/or PALS.Physicial Requirements and Working Conditions:
- --- Ability to complete all required training. --- Ability to
pass pre-employment physical (and physical lift test, if required
by department policy). --- Able to rotate shifts and locations to
ensure adequate coverage as needed.
- If position has direct patient care or direct patient contact
the following lifting requirement supersedes any previous lifting
requirement effective 06/01/2015. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when
patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling
equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other
associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement
situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. This job
description indicates the general nature and level of work expected
of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform
other related duties.
Keywords: Advocate Aurora Health, Oak Lawn , Registered Nurse Lead - Home Health, Accounting, Auditing , Oak Lawn, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...