Clinical Office Assistant-Oak Lawn- PRN
Company: Advocate Health Care
Location: Oak Lawn
Posted on: May 20, 2023
- Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous, and
helpful manner, collects insurance co-payments, and responds to
routine requests for information.
- Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments, meetings, and
travel. Coordinates related administrative aspects such as agendas,
site selection, food/beverage selections, audio-visual
arrangements, and document preparation.
- Schedules patients and enters information into the computer
system. Coordinates patient appointments with other areas or
physician offices as needed.
- Answers and screens telephone calls, triages clinical calls and
resolves problems appropriately.
- Assembles, copies, and releases patient medical records. Works
with Medical Records Department regarding requests for
- Generates basic reports, modifies/updates existing reports, and
distributes reports as needed.
- Opens, sorts, and distributes mail and department documents
efficiently. Operates and maintains office equipment (fax, printer,
photocopier, etc.) and may order office supplies.
- Completes referrals, tracks, and follows up on need for
re-authorizations, processes patient registration, and obtains
- May process billing/reimbursement forms and other department
records. Maintains logs and reports; performs simple calculations
as needed. Assists with gathering, organizing, and compiling data
for reports, meetings, etc. Licensure, Registration, and/or
- None Required. Education Required:
- High School Graduate. Experience Required:
- Typically requires 1 year of experience in performing
scheduling, customer service, and administrative/clerical support
duties. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Ability to multi-task, route calls, greet patients, and
maintain a schedule of appointments/meetings.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point,
Access and Word) or similar products, including maintaining,
tracking, and entering data in a database and/or spreadsheet
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively communicate (written, and verbal), build
rapport, and relate to all people.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment. Physical
Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, and lift frequently
throughout the workday.
- Must be able to occasionally lift items weighing up to 20
- Must have functional speech, vision, and hearing.
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.
- Exposed to a normal office environment. This job description
indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the
incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the
incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related
Join our Talent Network
- Share Administrative Support at Advocate Aurora
Jobs like this
- Patient Access Rep - Part Time - 1st & 2nd Shifts
Downers Grove, IL
- Patient Access Financial Service Spec - Medication Assisted
Oak Lawn, IL
- Coord Pt Access-Op/Ed Admin
Downers Grove, IL
- Business Associate
Oak Lawn, IL
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion
every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the
differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us
unique - from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities
and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our
differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions
- for our team members, consumers and communities. And because
health care is built upon relationships, it's important for the
people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs.
By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we
create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our
team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team
member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow
in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best
possible patient care.
Keywords: Advocate Health Care, Oak Lawn , Clinical Office Assistant-Oak Lawn- PRN, Administration, Clerical , Oak Lawn, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...