Medical Director of Center-Oak Lawn
Location: Oak Lawn
Posted on: November 16, 2023
We're unique. - You should be, too.We're changing lives every
day. - For both our patients and our team members. Are you
innovative and entrepreneurial minded? Is your work ethic and
ambition off the charts? - Do you inspire others with your kindness
and joy?We're different than most primary care providers. We're
rapidly expanding and we need great people to join our team.The
Medical Director, Center is specifically responsible for executing
the ChenMed Way and core model in his/her assigned center.
Under the direction of the Market Chief Medical Officer (MCMO), the
Medical Director, Center will directly supervise, performance
manage and train primary care physicians (PCPs) in his/her assigned
center. The incumbent in this role is accountable for maximizing
overall clinical value while engaging physicians to improve
clinical quality, efficiency, outcomes and physician/patient
satisfaction. In addition to being accountable for the overall
clinical outcomes of his/her assigned center, he/she will also
assist the MCMO in managing day-to-day clinical and business
operations and building positive relationships with providers and
key stakeholders for all ChenMed/JenCare/Dedicated Senior Medical
Centers within the market.
The Medical Director, Center will have approximately 70-90% of time
allocated to direct patient care as a PCP and/or other clinical
duties, and approximately 10-30% of time allocated to leadership
responsibilities, depending on market needs, size of center,
patient membership and MCMO direction. The Medical Director, Center
may have up to 12 direct reports.ESSENTIAL JOB
- Delivers outstanding clinical outcomes and service to patient
panel as a PCP.
- Directs accountability for clinical outcomes and day-to-day
management of PCPs in one (1) center in the market, with regular
presence in the center under direct management, and under the
supervision of the MCMO.
- Manages, mentors and coaches PCPs in his/her assigned center to
deliver outstanding clinical outcomes.
- Oversees and facilitates talent development of the PCPs in
his/her center including, but not limited to: leading facilitated
practice (physician shadowing/coaching), conducting 1:1s with
direct reports, executing leadership development plans and
- Cultivates a center-level physician culture that is fully
aligned with and delivering on the ChenMed core model, core values
& behaviors and service standards.
- Assists MCMO in training of new practitioners.
- Assists MCMO with recruiting and interviewing PCP and
specialist candidates (Note: MCMO makes hiring decisions).
- Reviews/approves center-level referrals and provides back-up
for market referral and delegated utilization authorizations.
- Leads physician meetings, training and education of PCPs within
- Partners with center manager to co-lead center stand-ups and
deliver exceptional patient care across their respective
- Participates in center and team meetings and leads focused
clinical discussions in market huddles, super-huddles, physician
meetings and may participate in external meetings.
- Accountable for appropriate management of hospital sick days
for assigned center as follows: reviews inpatient census daily,
delivers feedback to PCPs and ensures PCPs are keeping in contact
with hospitalized patients and hospitalists; facilitates review of
inpatients and other high priority patients during super huddle,
accountable for discharged patients being seen and coaches PCP on
appropriate flagging of high priority patients.
- Manages clinical teams to deliver VIP service, standards of
care and quality guidelines, HEDIS/STARS, high-risk disease
detection and high-risk disease management and other evidence based
medicine.Other duties as assigned and modified at MCMO's
discretion, which may include:
- Assists MCMO with market quality and performance improvement
- Oversees monthly scorecard reviews and in conjunction with the
MCMO delivery of quarterly CSE analysis.
- Provides training in other ChenMed entities, as needed.
- Develops deep relationships with providers and key stakeholders
in the market.
- Uses the understanding of the local market dynamics to drive
- Builds clinical credibility and trust to deepen
- May be asked to assist and coordinate, in conjunction with the
transition of care team; hospital, SNF, post-acute, UM, and
home-based services for the market.
- Assists with implementation of cost reduction and market
- Other key relationships: Center Manager, Market Clinical
Manager, other cross-functional market leaders, external
sub-specialists and providers in hospitals and post-acute care
facilities.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Consistently demonstrates the following behavioral
- Customer focus - Builds strong customer relationships and
delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Demonstrates self-awareness - Uses a combination of feedback
and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths
- Ensures accountability - Holds self and others accountable to
- Drives results - Consistently achieves results, even under
- Develops talent - Develops people to meet both their career
goals and the organization's goals.
- Drives engagement - Creates a climate where people are
motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its
- Interpersonal savvy - Relating openly and comfortably with
diverse groups of people.
- Technical knowledge and skills:
- Excellent clinical skills.
- Knowledge and experience in a managed care delivery
- Knowledge of clinical outcomes and quality improvement
- Experience of population risk management or complex chronic
disease care management.
- History of being a natural teacher to fellow Physicians.
- Other skills and abilities:
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to build relationships with external
- Conflict management and resolution skills.
- Familiar with, if not proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
products, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Computer skills: Comfortable with the electronic medical record
(EMR) and facile with keyboarding.
- Ability to travel locally, regionally and nationally up to 30%
of the time.
- Fluent in English.
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS AND SKILLS (for
own panel initially and progressively is accountable for center):
- Availability and Accessibility to build trust from their
patients. It is expected that CMDs will make themselves as
available to their patients as possible by being open and available
for walk-in visits and answering phone calls and messages in a
- Service Orientation: CMDs provide care that they would want for
a family member or for themselves to each patient at every
- Evidence Based Medicine: The CMD remains updated on
evidence-based medicine, but also recognizes that factors outside
of traditional medicine, like lifestyle and nutrition, have a large
impact on patient health outcomes. The CMD stays up to date on
clinical, nutritional, and lifestyle-based interventions to improve
- Physician Leadership is integral to good healthcare, so the CMD
must be willing to continuously work to develop and improve
leadership skills for the benefit of one's patients, their team,
their center and the company
- Quality: Our patients deserve the highest quality of care. This
requires a willingness to work with the care teams towards
achieving high quality outcomes and quality measures. At the same
time, CMD will always be looking for ways to continuously and
systematically improve their practice of medicine and the
operations of their center
- Influence: CMD must competently and compassionately influence
their patients, their teams, and themselves to achieve the best
- Self-Care: A CMD can take the best care of their patients when
they are adequately caring for themselves physically, mentally,
socially and spiritually. Physician wellness is important for
sustainability and promoting the health of physicians, staff, and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word,
Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other
word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation
software as used in the company
- Ability and willingness to travel locally as needed in their
market, if applicable, nationally for initial training (2 weeks)
and then occasionally (up to 25%) regionally and nationally for
recruiting or training purposes
- Fluency in English, verbal and written. There may be jobs in
some centers that require fluency in other languages, and this will
be made known at the time of application
- This job requires use and exercise of independent
judgmentEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- MD or DO in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Geriatrics or
similar specialty required
- Current, active MD licensure in state of employment is
- Board Eligibility is required; Board Certification in Internal
Medicine, Family Medicine, Geriatrics or similar specialty is
- Once Board certified, CMD will maintain board certification in
their terminal specialty by doing necessary MOC, CME and/or
retaking board exams as required
- Must have a current DEA number for schedule II-V controlled
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
- A minimum of two (2) years' clinical experience in geriatric,
adult or family practice setting preferred
- A minimum of two (2) years' clinical leadership experience is
- May be an existing high performing PCP or PCP Partner at Chen
Med with a proven ability to manage a panel of > 350 patients
with outstanding clinical, customer service and cost efficiency.
Preferred to have been with the organization > 2 years, be a
recognized leader among peers, and be able to lead teams in quality
and performance improvement initiatives
- Will need to successfully complete full medical director
training prior to promotion to Senior Medical DirectorWe're ChenMed
and we're transforming healthcare for seniors and changing
America's healthcare for the better. - Family-owned and
physician-led, our unique approach allows us to improve the health
and well-being of the populations we serve. We're growing rapidly
as we seek to rescue more and more seniors from inadequate health
care. - ChenMed is changing lives for the people we serve and the
people we hire. - With great compensation, comprehensive benefits,
career development and advancement opportunities and so much more,
our employees enjoy great work-life balance and opportunities to
grow. - Join our team who make a difference in people's lives every
Keywords: ChenMed, Oak Lawn , Medical Director of Center-Oak Lawn, Executive , Oak Lawn, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!