RN Hospice Registry-Chicago Southeast
Company: Advocate Aurora Health
Location: Oak Lawn
Posted on: January 13, 2022
RN HospiceLocation: Chicago SoutheastHours: Days Registry
Must be able to work one summer and one winter holiday
- Must be able to rotate on an on call schedule
JOB and UNIT SUMMARY:
Advocate At Home, a division of Advocate Health Care, is the
largest home health and hospice services in Illinois. The Hospice
Registered Nurse will provide Hospice services and establish strong
relationships with patients, families and caregivers. All medical
needs will be coordinated by the RN who is case managing the
patient and utilizing the resources of the team, (i.e. social
worker, CNA, MD, etc.) The Hospice Registered Nurse assumes primary
responsibility for the assessment, planning, implementation, and
evaluation of nursing care for assigned patients. Hospice is a
program designed specifically for people who have chosen to change
the plan of care for terminal illness from aggressive medical
treatment to palliative care.
The Registered Hospice Nurse will manage pain and symptoms so
patients can make the most of every day, focusing on living well
and with dignity.
- The Registered Hospice Nurse will provide compassionate care to
patients and their family members at end of life.
- The Registered Hospice Nurse will make every day count for
patients, families and care givers.
- The Registered Hospice Nurse will document and connect with the
care team thru point of care documentation.
- The Registered Hospice Nurse will be required to make visits to
private residences which may not be accessible to people with
THE ADVOCATE HOSPICE NURSE:
Nurse/Patient Relationship: Develops and maintains a therapeutic
relationship through the health care continuum
- Responsible for documentation and communication of care,
medication and observations made during care of patient in order to
track responsiveness and health of patient.
- Responsible for providing appropriate patient/family education
to help patient/family achieve a pain free and comfortable
- Assuring/Improving Quality Care: Facilitates the patient and
family's right to receive quality, cost effective care.
Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- One year of medical surgical experience in an acute or subacute
- Current Illinois RN license
- Current CPR
- Earn 10.0 continuing education credits annually
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient
lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with
the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with
at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient
lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case
basis. Ability to assist with ambulation including turning and
transferring patients up to 200 pounds.
Keywords: Advocate Aurora Health, Oak Lawn , RN Hospice Registry-Chicago Southeast, Healthcare , Oak Lawn, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!