CNA Certified Nursing Assistant
Company: Saba Health Care
Location: Oak Lawn
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Benefits include: Competitive wages, flexible shifts, 401k,
advancement opportunities, and a positive work environment. Also
available: health, vision, dental, and life insurance.And..... the
ABSOLUTE BEST working environment you could ever imagine being a
part of!!JOB SUMMARY: -The purpose of this position is to assist
the nurses in the providing of resident care primarily in the area
of the daily living routine.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must hold a current Certified Nurse's Assistant certificate in
the State of Illinois.
- A high school diploma is preferred.
- Must have the ability and the willingness to work harmoniously
with professional and non-professional personnel.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English in an
understandable manner.JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be physically and mentally capable of performing routine,
repetitive job duties.
- Show willingness to provide good nursing care.
- Be considerate, pleasant, and professional in the performance
of his/her duties.
- Must have compassion, tolerance, and understanding for the
residents of the facility.
- Knowledge of JCAHO, OBRA, IDPH, and HFS regulations as related
to duties.MAIN DUTIES:
- Support the facility's philosophy of care and strive to achieve
its goals and objectives.
- Be sensitive to residents' families and respond in an
appropriate professional way as the situation requires.
- Carry out assignments for resident care including (but not
- a) bathing
- b) dressing
- c) grooming
- d) shaving
- e) feeding
- f) restorative nursing procedures
- g) retraining
- Keep residents' bed, dresser, bathroom, and general living area
clean and tidy.
- Answer call lights promptly.
- Help check in all new residents and re-admissions, as well as
assist in the transfer of residents to different rooms.
- Put resident's clothing away properly.
- Report any changes in resident's condition--e.g. eating habits,
behavior, temperature, etc. to the charge nurse of the unit.
- Turn bedridden residents every two (2) hours or sooner as
- Wash, clean, and dry all incontinent residents.
- Assist the treatment nurse as assigned.
- Complete assignment report to charge nurse at the end of every
- Be responsible for well-being and nursing care of all residents
assigned to his/her unit while on duty.
- Take vital signs and monthly weights (with assistance) and
record results in EMR.
- Document the following in the EMR for all assigned
- a) vital signs
- b) weight
- c) meal monitoring
- d) bowl and bladder
- e) restorative records
- Detect and report situations that have a high probability of
causing accidents or injuries to residents and/or staff.
- Assure that work/assignment areas are clean and free of
hazardous conditions, i.e. spills, excess carts, etc. and that
equipment, tools, supplies, etc. are properly stored while working,
as well as before leaving such areas for breaks, meal times, and
end of the work day.
- Assure that established infection control and universal
precaution practices are maintained when performing nursing
- Follow established safety precautions when performing tasks and
when using equipment and supplies.
- Assure that equipment is cleaned and prepared for the next
- Assure that work schedules are followed.
- Maintain the confidentiality of resident information and honor
his/her personal and property rights.
- Attend nursing department, Care Plan, and other meetings as
directed by the DON or ADON.
- Attend and participate in in-service educational classes and
on-the-job training programs as scheduled or as directed.
- Turn in Days Off and payroll special request forms in a timely
- Follow established fire, disaster, safety, infection control,
and evacuation policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as directed by the DON, ADON,
charge nurse, or the Administrator.Job Type: Full-time
Keywords: Saba Health Care, Oak Lawn , CNA Certified Nursing Assistant, Healthcare , Oak Lawn, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!