Company: Pediatrics On Demand Inc
Location: Oak Lawn
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionPediatrics On Demand is an Immediate Care and
Primary Care located in Oak Lawn, IL. We serve patients from birth
to 21 years of age. The Urgent Care is open 365 days a year from
10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.Advanced EMT/Paramedic will assist
physicians, nurses, and other medical staff by performing
administrative and clinical duties, such as preparing treatment
rooms for patient exams, recording patient medical history, giving
injections and running onsite CLIA waived lab tests, and cleaning
and sterilizing exam rooms and medical equipment.Job Type: Full
TimeHourly: $ 22-26Job Responsibility:
- Answer patient phone calls.
- Measure patient height, weight, vital signs
- Patient Scheduling, charting, medical data entry using Athena
- Knowledge in the fields of medicine, anatomy and
- Ability to maintain records
- Training and knowledge in OSHA and HIPPA regulations
- Familiar with: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Room patients in exam rooms and obtain chief complaint
- Knowledgeable of First aid procedures
- Chart findings in timely manner
- Obtain in-house lab (lead, hemoglobin, rapid strep, flu) as
order by provider
- Notify provider when vaccine/supply stock is getting low, in
order to allow time to re-order before supplies are gone.
- Complete follow-up patient calls, when not providing patient
- Stock exam rooms with needed supplies
- Keep office and work space neat and tidy
- Giving injections
- Starting IVsGeneral Accountabilities:
- Prepares treatment rooms for patient examinations.
- Cleans treatment rooms following patient examinations.
- Interviews patients to obtain their medical history.
- Records patient medical history, vital statistics, and test
results in patient medical files.
- Performs routine screening tests, such as height and weight
measurements and blood pressure checks.
- Draws blood, removes sutures, changes dressings.
- Purchases and maintains supplies and equipment.
- Cleans and sterilizes medical equipment and instruments.
- Properly disposes of contaminated supplies.
- Assists physicians during examination by handing over
instruments and materials.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any
- Education: High School Diploma or Higher
- Experience in Pediatric: 1 Year is preferred
- Certifications and Licenses: Certification Advanced EMT or
Paramedic is required.Skills:
- Prioritizing and Organization
- Interpersonal skills
- Initiative and problem-solving abilities
- DependabilityBenefits (FULL TIME ONLY)
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vison Insurance
- Aflac Insurance
- 401k Match
- Paid Holidays
- Gym MembershipPowered by JazzHRBE7aOLSaIY
Keywords: Pediatrics On Demand Inc, Oak Lawn , Paramedic, Healthcare , Oak Lawn, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!