Certified Surgical Technician, Full Time
Company: Surgery Partners
Location: Oak Lawn
Posted on: January 23, 2023
DescriptionJOB TITLE: Certified Surgical Tech
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Surgical Technician needed for fast paced ASC. Must be certified
and have minimum 1 years experience. Monday through Friday. CPR
required. In this role , you will be primarily responsible for
maintaining the sterile field, and provide assistance to the
surgical team during surgical procedure. Performs technical skill
duties in all Operating Room specialty service areas, ensuring that
proper technical practices are employed according to accepted
standards of process. Has the necessary knowledge and ability to
ensure quality patient care during the operative procedure and is
constantly on vigil for maintenance of the sterile field. Have
experience with eyes especially cataracts/opthamology.
- Prepares and maintains medical equipment for surgical
- Before an operation, surgical technologists help prepares the
operating room by setting up surgical instruments and equipment,
sterile drapes, and sterile solutions.
- Follows hospital regulations and industry procedures to tend to
patient during pre-operation procedures.
- Performs pre-operation preparations to the patient's skin, body
and medical equipment.
- Assemble both sterile and non-sterile equipment, as well as
adjust and check it to ensure it is working properly.
- Get patients ready for surgery by washing, shaving, and
disinfecting incision sites.
- Transport patients to the operating room, help position them on
the operating table, and cover them with sterile surgical
- Observe patients' vital signs, check charts, and assist the
surgical team with putting on sterile gowns and gloves.
- Pass instruments and other sterile supplies to surgeons and
- Hold retractors, cut sutures, and help count sponges, needles,
supplies, and instruments. Help prepare, care for, and dispose of
specimens taken for laboratory analysis and help apply
- Operate sterilizers, lights, or suction machines, and help
operate diagnostic equipment.
- After an operation, help transfer patients to the recovery room
and clean and restock the operating room.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A graduate of an accredited surgical technologist
- Must be certified to perform CPR with 0-2 years of clinical
experience in a related field.
EducationTechnical/other training (preferred)
Keywords: Surgery Partners, Oak Lawn , Certified Surgical Technician, Full Time, Healthcare , Oak Lawn, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!