AMG Cardiology Device RN, Full time (Oak Lawn)
Company: Advocate Christ Medical Center
Location: Oak Lawn
Posted on: January 25, 2023
AMG Cardiology Device RN, Full time (Oak Lawn)
10837 S Cicero Ave
Oak Lawn, IL 60453
Hours Per Week:
FULL TIME RN POSITION AVAILABLE IN OAK LAWN IN CARDIOLOGY
*****$5000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR EXTERNAL HIRES****
Using evidence-based practice, clinical decision making, compassion
and skilled dialogue, the registered nurse leads efforts to create
the safest patient environment and the best patient experience. The
nurse delivers and coordinates patient-centered care across the
continuum to support the successful transition of patients to other
healthcare delivery systems or their home communities. The
registered nurse is responsible for providing and coordinating
comprehensive patient care through the appropriate utilization of
assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, and evaluation, in
accordance with established standards, policies and procedures.
Patient-Centered Wholistic Care - The registered nurse is
culturally sensitive and engaged with the beliefs and values of
diverse populations. Nurses engage with inter-professional
colleagues to deliver exemplary care. Lifelong relationships with
patients and families develop to support achievement of health
- Initiates referrals and discharge planning and actively
coordinates the plan utilizing the interdisciplinary approach.
- Uses the nursing process to assess the needs of the patient,
plan and implement interventions and evaluate the effectiveness of
the plan of care. Involves the patient and family in planning and
implementing care. Involves the patient and family in planning and
- Develops and maintains a therapeutic relationship throughout
the healthcare continuum.
- Mobilizes appropriate resources in response to situations that
have the potential to negatively impact patient and family
- Analyzes challenging situations and intervenes as appropriate
to optimize patient outcomes. Implements strategies to reduce
patient risk and increase patient safety.
- Assesses patient and family readiness to learn, and
individualizes the approach as necessary. Works collaboratively to
develop strategies to meet the learning needs of the patient and
Clinical Excellence: The registered nurse contributes to
inter-professional excellence which is represented by achieved
clinical outcomes. Using evidence-based practice, clinical decision
making, and skilled dialogue, nurses lead efforts to create the
safest patient environment and the best patient experience.
- Consistently applies evidence-based practice in patient care.
Incorporates nursing standards of care into practice.
- Utilizes knowledge and experience to anticipate and alter the
plan of care as needed.
- Consistently makes sound clinical decisions, demonstrating the
ability to care for patients with complex problems.
- Prioritizes and organizes patient care and ensures follow
through with planned, interdisciplinary care.
- Facilitates the patient and family's right to receive quality,
cost effective care.
- Demonstrates a commitment to meeting the learning needs of
patients and families. Utilizes appropriate resources to meet those
needs and achieve positive patient outcomes.
Leadership -The registered nurse participates in leading healthcare
transformation and the nursing profession with commitment,
dedication, and expertise. Expressing vision, demonstrating
accountability through shared governance, contributing to the
profession, and coordinating inter-professional care are all
characteristics of the registered nurse.
- Participates in Advocate Medical Group activities promoting
accountability for patient care and initiatives to improve
processes and patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates effective communication, feedback, and conflict
resolution skills, promoting collaboration among healthcare team
- Seeks out opportunities to enhance the knowledge, skill, and
competence of other department members.
- Proactively facilitates compliance with regulatory
- Assumes a leadership role and delegates appropriately.
- Promotes the culture of safety through identifying threats to
patient safety and intervening to prevent patient harm. Reports
patient safety events and near misses in a timely manner. Seeks to
identify potential safety issues and assists in the implementation
of corrective actions.
- Utilizes organizational resources in a cost-effective
Compassion - The Advocate Nurse demonstrates presence with patients
and families, practices empathy, and supports spiritual needs and
beliefs. The nurse demonstrates respect and dignity always, and
their presence is essential during the most vulnerable times.
Nurses promote relationship development with communities to create
strong partnerships and to improve health outcomes of patients and
- Provides and role models adaptive communication styles and
techniques based on individual patient needs.
- Provides and role models behaviors necessary to care for
patients with altered physical and psychosocial needs.
- Applies ethical decision making.
- Demonstrates respect and understanding for peers and other
clinical disciplines and participates as an effective member of the
patient care team to formulate an integrated approach to care.
- Consistently utilizes an individualized, wholistic and
non-judgmental approach to patient care.
Innovation - The registered nurse contributes to the future
delivery of care to patients and to systems that support nursing.
They embody the characteristics of inquiry, adaptability, change,
and continual development, through performance improvement,
evidence-based practice, and research initiatives.
- Participates in quality/process improvement initiatives to
improve the functions of the department and the patient care
- Creatively uses knowledge, resources, and technology to
transform care for the diverse patient population.
Professional Growth - The registered nurse is committed to lifelong
learning, building knowledge and skill sets to keep pace with new
delivery models and a changing healthcare environment. This
promotes practice to the full scope of their nursing license.
- Contributes to the growth of the nursing profession through
professional association membership, mentoring nursing students,
and other nursing and clinical colleagues, continued academic
progression, and contributions to nursing science.
- Assists in creating an environment that promotes educational
growth opportunities for nursing peers and colleagues.
- Critiques one's own nursing practice and initiates professional
practice goals to enhance individual, unit, department and
- Utilizes available resources to maintain current knowledge base
relevant to practice.
- Attends required meetings/educational programs and completes
annual unit competencies in a timely manner.
- Nurse, Registered (RN)
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- ---See Education and Experience Addendum for site specific
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Good communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Familiarity with patient care equipment
- Current Illinois RN license
- Current CPR
- Certifications/education required for the nursing specialty -
See Certification Addendum
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and different shifts in
order to accommodate staffing
- Certain positions may need to take call Ability to transport
objects, patients, and equipment
- Ability to respond quickly to patient needs and work at fast
- Work environment includes probability of exposure to adverse,
hazardous, or unpleasant conditions while caring for the sick
- Ability to assist in evacuation of patients in the event of a
fire or other disaster
- Routinely works with potentially infectious specimens and
- Ability to respond to patients in a timely manner and access
all areas of the unit
- This requirement supersedes any previous lifting requirement
effective 04/20/2014. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without
assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is
unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is
expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when
available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be
assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Education Addendum: ALL SITES
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- BSN Preferred CERTIFICATION
- CPR-Healthcare Provider
- ACLS and/or PALS: - Immediate Care
- ACLS and PALS - Ambulatory Surgical Center: Within 1 year
- ACLS - Endoscopy: Within 1 year - Cardiology Stress
- Oncology: Chemotherapy/Biotherapy: as required by the Site
- OCN preferred or obtained when OCN requirements met
- Registered Nurse: 2 years' experience preferred
- Ambulatory Surgery Center: 1 year critical care or surgical
- Cardiology: 1 year experience in cardiology preferred
- Contact Center: 2 years' experience in acute or ambulatory
- Endoscopy: 1 year experience telemetry or PACU preferred
- Immediate Care: 1 year experience in critical care or ED
- Occupational Health: 1 to 2 years occupational health
experience or new graduate with prior occupational health or
- Oncology: 1 year experience in oncology preferred
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work
expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform
other related duties.
Keywords: Advocate Christ Medical Center, Oak Lawn , AMG Cardiology Device RN, Full time (Oak Lawn), Healthcare , Oak Lawn, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!