Registered Nurse (RN)
Company: Legacy Healthcare
Location: Oak Lawn
Posted on: March 15, 2023
Legacy Healthcare - Registered Nurse
Director of Nursing and Assistant Director of Nursing
Date Last Updated05/05/2015
Summary/ObjectiveIn keeping with our organization's goal of improving the lives of the Guests we serve, the Registered Nurse (R.N.) plays a critical role in providing superior customer service and nursing care to all Guests and guests. The R.N. provides supervision of staff and will safeguard the health, safety and welfare of all Guests/guests under their care by following applicable laws, regulations, and established nursing policies and procedures.
Essential FunctionsReasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. - - - - - -Provides quality nursing care to Guests/guests in an environment that promotes their rights, dignity and freedom of choice.
2. - - - - - -Provides supervision to C.N.A's and all subordinate staff which includes checking their work to ascertain that assignments have been completed.
3. - - - - - -Assign all C.N.A's and other subordinate staff to Guests. - Assign break times and all regular and special assignments.
4. - - - - - -Administer all parenteral, intramuscular and sub-cutaneous injections.
5. - - - - - -Administer medications within the scope of practice of the R.N. Licensure. -Maintain a current report of narcotics received and used.
6. - - - - - -Review daily the documentation of the dispensing of the controlled substances and narcotics. Ensure that drugs covered by controlled substances laws are verified by inventory.
7. - - - - - -Place pharmacy orders, for and administer all newly prescribed medications and document.
8. - - - - - -Carry out direct contemporaneous charting in your shift. Chart detailed monthly evaluations of each Guest that reflect his/her condition and progress.
9. - - - - - -Responsible for all nursing care of assigned Guests while on duty. - Must notify appropriate persons if there is any significant change in a Guest's condition or any transfer to a hospital.
10. - -Ensure that Guest care plans are being followed and asses each Guest's status in accord with their care plan.
11. - -Round with physicians when needed.
12. - -Administer or supervise all treatments prescribed by physicians including but not limited to pressure ulcer care, Foley catheter care, hot and cold compounds and intravenous therapy.
13. - -Supervise serving of prescribed diets and fluids intake and immediately report any issues to the physician and DON/ADON.
14. - -Must be knowledgeable of individual care plans and support the care planning process by reporting specific information and observations of the Guest's needs, preferences and report any behavioral changes.
15. - -Provide wound care when needed.
16. - -Completes medical records documenting care provided and other information in accordance with nursing policies while maintaining strict confidentiality.
17. - -Assure that established infection control and standard precaution practices are maintained when providing care. - Follow established safety precautions when preforming tasks and using equipment and supplies.
18. - -Reports all hazardous conditions, damaged equipment and supply issues to appropriate persons.
19. - -Maintains the comfort, privacy and dignity of Guests/guests and interacts with them in a manner that displays warmth, respect and promotes a caring environment.
20. - -Answer and respond to call lights promptly and courteously.
21. - -Assist with new admissions, re-admissions and assist with the transfer of Guests to different rooms within the facility.
22. - -Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with Guests/guests, visitors, families, peers and supervisors.
23. - -Attend and participate in departmental meetings and in-services as directed.
Supervisory ResponsibilityThis position has direct supervisor responsibilities for Certified Nurse Aides and other personnel assigned.
Work EnvironmentThis job operates in a health care setting. This role requires regular walking to various locations around the facility while pulling or pushing carts. - This position works mostly in the Guest care areas as well as in occasional outside weather conditions. - This role may also come into contact with patients who may have contagious illnesses. -
Physical Demandswhile performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. -This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and stooping on a regular basis. The employee must be able to lift and move items and patients weighing at least 75 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of WorkThis position is part of a health care facility that is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. - Rotating shifts as well as holiday and work during inclement weather will be required. -
TravelNo travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
1. - - - - - -High school diploma or equivalent.
2. - - - - - -Graduate from and accredited nursing program.
3. - - - - - -Current State License as a Registered Nurse
4. - - - - - -C.P.R. Certified
Preferred Education and Experience
1. - - - - - -One year experience as an R.N. in a long term care setting.
2. - - - - - -One year experience as a C.N.A.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
1. - - - - - -Knowledge of Joint commission procedures.
2. - - - - - -Knowledge of IDPH regulations.
Other DutiesPlease note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job.
Legacy Healthcare - Registered Nurse
Keywords: Legacy Healthcare, Oak Lawn , Registered Nurse (RN), Healthcare , Oak Lawn, Illinois
here to apply!