LPN Home Health
Company: Advocate Aurora Health
Location: Oak Lawn
Posted on: March 18, 2023
LPN HOME HEALTHLOCATION: SOUTHWEST SUBURBSHOURS: DAYSThis
position is also eligible for a $5,000.00 sign on bonus payable
after 90 days. You must be employed in the exact position at time
of payout. Internal team members are not eligible for this sign on
bonus at this time.Major Responsibilities:
- Assuring/Improving Quality of Care: Facilitates the patient and
family's right to receive quality cost-effective care following
Advocates MVP of Stewardship. Working under the direction and
supervision of the RN.
- 1)Utilizes appropriate resources in response to situations that
have the potential to negatively impact patient and family
- 2)Adapts practice to the latest standards according to
- 3)Participates in efforts to reduce risk and improve patient
- 4)Consistently demonstrates the ability to thoroughly and
decisively document to support reimbursement and regulatory
- Care and Service Coordination: Practices as an effective team
member of the patient care team to formulate an integrated approach
to care following Advocates MVP of Partnership.
- 1)Recognizes changes in clinical situations. Consults with RN
as to action based on observation.
- 2)Consistently makes sound clinical decisions, demonstrating
the ability to care for all patients including those with complex
- 3)Prioritizes and organizes patient care based on established
plan of care, ensures clear hand-off communication to achieve
optimal health outcomes for patients, utilizing excellent
communication techniques like SBAR and 5P's.
- 4)Actively participates in interdisciplinary case conferences.
(As appropriate based on employment status).
- Leadership/Collaboration/Professional Development: Demonstrates
respect and understanding for peers and other clinical disciplines
and participates as an effective team member of the patient care
team to formulate an integrated approach to care following the
Advocate MVP of Excellence.
- 2)Utilizes available resources to maintain current knowledge
base relevant to practice.
- 3)Demonstrates effective communication, feedback, and conflict
resolution skills, promoting collaboration among team members.
- 4)Seeks out opportunities to enhance knowledge, skill and
competency of self and other department members. (As appropriate
based on employment status).
- 1)Participates in staff meetings, agency in-services, and
educational activities to ehance development and support
- Patient Relationship: Develops and maintains a therapeutic
relationship throughout the healthcare continuum following
Advocates MVP of Compassion
- 1)Demonstrates adaptive communication styles based on
individual patient needs by utilizing motivational interviewing and
problem solving techniques.
- 2)Promotes patient/family knowledge and confidence to safely
manage self care, disease process, medications, procedures and
infection control prevention.
- 3)Participates in implementing an individualized approach to
the plan of care, which includes assessment of physical,
psychosocial, comfort, and wellness needs utilizing SMART goals,
under the supervision of the RN.
- 4)Once plan of care is established by the RN, participates in
the ongoing assessment of patient and family readiness and involves
them in goal setting, planning, and implementation of care, under
the supervision of the RN.
- 5)Provides care that routinely exceeds patient and family
expectations, as measured by survey instruments.
- 6)Incorporates AHHS Standards of Behavior into interactions
with patients, other associates, and physicians.
- Business Development and Growth: Demonstrates behaviors that
enhance productivity and an understanding of financial and economic
conditions in the health care environment.
- 1)Demonstrates adherance to personnel and operational
- 2)Collaborates with RN and implements plans for patient care to
maximize efficiencies and conserve resources.
- 3)Makes suggestions to RN regarding utilization of resources to
achieve excellent health outcomes for patients. (As appropriate
based one employment status).
- Patient Education: Demonstrates a commitment to meet the
learning needs of patients and their families. Application of a
systematic process involving optimal level of self-care for patient
and optimal quality of life of patient family and significant other
under the supervision of the RN following Advocates MVP of
- 1)Assess patient and family readiness to learn and modify
approach as needed.
- 2)Provides and adapts appropriate resource material to achieve
educational outcomes, employing health literacy assessments and
- Nurse, Licensed Practical (LPN)Education/Experience Required:
- Licensed in the State of Illinois (or eligible for licensure)
Able to demonstrate compliance with state continuing education
requirements. 2 years of Med/Surgical clinical experience
Certificate in Pharmacology CPR certifiedKnowledge, Skills &
- Basic knowledge of computer use (i.e. Microsoft Word, email
access and use). Ability to learn and use computer based
scheduling, and documentation system. Ability to communication
professionally both verbally and through written reports, with
strong documentation skills. Good interpersonal skills. Good time
management and self organization skills Proficiency in the ability
to obtain lab draws and report results to primary nurse or clinical
- Current LPN licensure in State of Illinois Certificate in
Pharmacology CPR CertifiedPhysicial Requirements and Working
- Extensive travel within geographical boundaries in all extremes
of weather and on all types of roads including expressways. Must be
able to provide/arrange own transportation to and from patients
home and branch offices. Ability to work rotating weekends and
holidays. Requires adherence to scheduled days and hours of work
based on commitment to patient/client and work load assigned.
Ability to attend mandatory informational/education/branch
meetings. Work environment includes patient or family homes, or
assisted living facilities. Requires full range of body motion
including: a. Bending, sitting and standing b. Climbing stairs
while carrying objects c. Pulling, pushing, reaching, carrying and
lifting: (must be able to lift/carry at minimum 25 pounds) d.
Assisting and maintaining patient's safety with ambulation on flat
surfaces and stairs; and transferring patients using standard pivot
transfers or with use of transfer board or Hoyer lift e. Providing
treatment on standard beds in the home environment
- If position has direct patient care or direct patient contact
the following lifting requirement supersedes any previous lifting
requirement effective 06/01/2015. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when
patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling
equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other
associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement
situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. This job
description indicates the general nature and level of work expected
of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform
other related duties.
Keywords: Advocate Aurora Health, Oak Lawn , LPN Home Health, Healthcare , Oak Lawn, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...