Registered Nurse Registry-Hospice Inpatient - Oak Lawn , IL - Hospice
Company: Advocate Christ Medical Center
Location: Oak Lawn
Posted on: May 19, 2023
Registered Nurse Registry-Hospice Inpatient - Oak Lawn ,
ILREGISTERED NURSE REGISTRY HOSPICE INPATIENTLOCATION: AAH
HOSPITALS WITH FOCUS ON CHRIST AND LGHHOURS: VARIABLE REGISTRY
- Must be able to work one summer and one winter holiday
- Must be able to rotate on an on call scheduleJOB and UNIT
SUMMARY:Advocate At Home, a division of Advocate Health Care, is
the largest home health and hospice services in Illinois. --The
Hospice Registered Nurse will provide Hospice services and
establish strong relationships with patients, families and
caregivers.-- All medical needs will be coordinated by the RN who
is case managing the patient and utilizing the resources of the
team, (i.e. social worker, CNA, MD, etc.) The Hospice Registered
Nurse assumes primary responsibility for the assessment, planning,
implementation, and evaluation of nursing care for assigned
patients. Hospice is a program designed specifically for people who
have chosen to change the plan of care for terminal illness from
aggressive medical treatment to palliative care.
- The Registered Hospice Nurse will manage pain and symptoms so
patients can make the most of every day, focusing on living well
and with dignity.--
- The Registered Hospice Nurse will provide compassionate care to
patients and their family members at end of life.
- The Registered Hospice Nurse will make every day count for
patients, families and care givers.
- The Registered Hospice Nurse will document and connect with the
care team thru point of care documentation.
- The Registered Hospice Nurse will be required to make visits to
private residences which may not be accessible to people with
disabilities.THE ADVOCATE HOSPICE NURSE:
- Nurse/Patient Relationship: Develops and maintains a
therapeutic relationship through the health care continuum----
- Responsible for documentation and communication of care,
medication and observations made during care of patient in order to
track responsiveness and health of patient.----
- Responsible for providing appropriate patient/family education
to help patient/family achieve a pain free and comfortable
- Assuring/Improving Quality Care: Facilitates the patient and
family's right to receive quality, cost effective care.----
- REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- One year of medical surgical experience in an acute or subacute
- Current Illinois RN license
- Current CPR
- Earn 10.0 continuing education credits annually
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient
lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with
the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with
at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient
lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case
basis. Ability to assist with ambulation including turning and
transferring patients up to 200 pounds.
Keywords: Advocate Christ Medical Center, Oak Lawn , Registered Nurse Registry-Hospice Inpatient - Oak Lawn , IL - Hospice, Healthcare , Oak Lawn, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...