Rehabilitation Tech - full time
Company: Advocate Health
Location: Oak Lawn
Posted on: November 18, 2023
- Provides patient care under the direction of a licensed
professional in the following areas
- Assists with Delivery of Physical Therapy Services:
Communicates with nursing staff regarding patients' status
including pending tests, medical stability, pending discharges,
etc., in order to coordinate a daily schedule for therapy services.
Assists the Therapists in care delivery by assisting with
positioning, transfers, mobility, etc., as directed and supervised
by a licensed Therapist.
- Mobility Training: Assists patients with ambulation on the
nursing unit as directed by a licensed allied health
- Assists with Group Treatment: Assists with the delivery of
therapy services and patient education in a group setting. Assists
with transporting patients to and from the group. Assists with room
set up / clean up. Assists with group activities and exercises as
directed by licensed allied health professional under their
- Environment of Care
- Orients new staff to department safety procedures
- Visually inspects clinic equipment regularly. Reports issues or
concerns to environmental services, department leadership or
engineering as indicated.
- Visually inspects the department daily for safety hazards and
reports any issues or concerns to department supervisor or
- Coordinates with hospital safety officer for regular department
safety inspections. Leads corrective action initiatives to address
- Maintains inspection and monitoring logs for clinic equipment
- Identifies opportunities to improve safety and infection
control within the department
- Materials Management
- Independently monitors inventory of clinic supplies and orders
as needed. Submits orders using the Lawson system.
- Orders office supplies as requested by clerical staff using the
- Monitors the supply of linens in the department. Coordinates
with the linen service as adjustments to the inventory are
- Orders capital and minor equipment as requested by the Director
- High school diploma or equivalent. 1 year of hospital based
patient care experience. Knowledge of medical terminology.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Good interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
Proficient with windows based programs. Spanish speaking strongly
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Bilingual skills strongly preferred.
- This requirement supersedes any previous lifting requirement
effective 08/01/2014. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without
assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is
unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is
expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when
available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be
assessed on a case-by-case basis.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work
expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform
other related duties.
Keywords: Advocate Health, Oak Lawn , Rehabilitation Tech - full time, Healthcare , Oak Lawn, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!