Associate Technical Designer - Softlines
Company: Parks, Experiences and Products
Location: Oak Lawn
Posted on: May 9, 2022
The Associate Technical Designer for Softlines / Sleepwear and
Ready to Wear for Boys reports to the Tech Designer or Sr. Tech
Designer in the Softlines department. In this role, the chosen
candidate will have understanding of managing
category/department(s) for apparel, and will develop/create full
production tech packs for Softlines global styles to send to
factory for costing and sample submission.
- Support overall Tech Department processes and procedures.
- Analyze garment construction and adjust as needed based upon
factory, fabric, and cost factors. Ensure consistency of
construction details within the department.
- Analyze pattern and marker layout, adjusting if possible to
maximize yield with support and as needed.
- Maintain Brand consistency in fit/make/quality.
- Work with supervisor to periodically review established
departmental standards and guidelines for fit and construction
against the market. Confirm correctness of sketch with technical
requirements of style.
- Sketch flat sketches and correcting sketches using Adobe
- Evaluate all samples received prior to fitting against
instructions given and adjust as required for production.
- Write and communicate effective fit comments/corrections to
maintain established turn times for sample comments and
- Facilitate fit sessions with live model, mannequins, and/or
VTC-virtual teleconference; give priority attention to fit,
construction and with written fit comments (see Tech department
process for details).
- Mindful of company calendar and overlapping
- Partner and guide overseas agents and factories to deliver
quality products of managing department/s.
- Partner with internal and external teams to maintain Brand
consistency of managing department/s.
- Monitor guests' feedback and callouts online of managing
- Manage and meet deadlines---daily, weekly, seasonally,
quarterly, and annually.
Basic Qualifications :
- 3-5 years' experience in softlines technical design
- General understanding of technical skills in manufacturing and
production process from development to pre-production.
- Understanding of garment assembly/construction and pattern
drafting/draping of managing department/s.
- Understanding of garment making from 1st sample to
pre-production to final production step-by-step.
- Fundamental understanding of grade rules and grade application
of managing department/s.
- Fundamental understanding of fabrication usage and trim
treatment of managing department/s.
- Abilities to draft and knockoff patterns to approvable stage
- Abilities to analyze proper sizing/grading for managing
department with support.
- Design/style/silhouette function comprehension.
- Textile weaving/knitting and trim understanding.
- Basic knowledge of Child Safety Regulations and Testing
- Computer/technology literate - MS Office, Illustrator, clothing
pattern software, 3D fitting software.#LI-JS7
- Knowledge of patternmaking, draping, fit correction and
grading. Knowledge of fabric/trim yield calculation & costing.
- Knowledge of quality garment construction and production
friendly construction. Knowledge of production
Required Education :
- 2 year degree in related field
Additional Information :
Our Benefits: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your
best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational
opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide.
Learn more about our benefits and perks at
Keywords: Parks, Experiences and Products, Oak Lawn , Associate Technical Designer - Softlines, IT / Software / Systems , Oak Lawn, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!