Maintenance Mechanic (Full Time)
Company: Advocate Christ Medical Center
Location: Oak Lawn
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Maintenance Mechanic (Full Time) Job ID: R51739 Shift: Various
Full/Part Time: Full_timeLocation: 4440 W 95th St Oak Lawn, IL
60453Benefits Eligible: Yes Hours Per Week: 40It's More Than a Job,
It's a Calling! Position: Maintenance Mechanic Location: Christ
Medical Center; Oak Lawn, IL. Full Time; Various ShiftsMajor
- Facility repair: Provides timely and proper response to
assigned service calls, work orders and preventive maintenance
tasks to maintain a safe and efficient environment.
- Performing maintenance electrical repairs. Replacing 110v
outlet or switch, light bulbs, ballasts and lighting fixtures.
(non-energized). Resetting a circuit breaker.
- Perform maintenance plumbing repairs. Replacing or repairing
sink, commode, faucet, trap or flush meter. Unclogging toilet or
drain with plunger, snake or rod. Repairing lawn irrigation.
- Perform minor equipment repairs. Repairing hospital beds, wheel
chairs, carts, etc. Assembling or repairing modular furniture,
desks, chairs, file cabinets, etc. Maintaining and repairing
kitchen equipment. Inspecting, cleaning, and making minor repairs
to refrigerators and ice makers.
- Perform a variety of general maintenance building repairs.
Repairing, adjusting or replacing doors, door hardware. Providing
first response on automatic door complaints. Caulking, insulating.
Painting, varnishing or applying similar coatings. Replacing floor
tile, carpet, or similar floor coverings. Installing, replacing
suspended ceiling tile and grid. Properly sealing pipe, conduit and
duct penetrations in fire and smoke partitions. Hanging shelves,
brackets, pictures, draperies, etc. Investigating and repairing
minor roof leaks. Operating snow removal equipment.
- Perform maintenance to heating, ventilation, and air
conditioning (HVAC) equipment. Respond and remedy heating and
cooling requests. Adjust control devices as needed. Inspecting,
cleaning room fan coil units, ACUs, fin tubes, ceiling diffusers,
- First response and system reset of fire alarm systems and
pneumatic tube system. Repairing medical gas outlets.
- Establishes, monitors, and improves the preventive maintenance
and inspection program and procedures for assigned building areas,
plumbing systems, and assigned equipment per manufactures
recommendations and regulatory standard including inspection,
testing, balancing, cleaning, and lubrication, adjustment,
flushing, performing minor repairs, rebuilding, or replacing
parts/components to insure that systems remain within the
established operating parameters. Includes PM work by service
- Respond to alarms in a timely and correct manner. Optimizes
operation using trending reports as appropriate.
- Establishes room and equipment rounds and standing instructions
to insure all equipment is operating properly. Investigates any
abnormalities and takes appropriate action.
- Reviews all findings and actions taken in the computerized
maintenance system and takes appropriate follow up action.
- Conducts emergency repairs associated with leaks, floods, water
outages, stopped drain lines, fires, power outages, equipment
failures, or other disruptions of utilities and executes those
procedures in a timely, safe and correct manner.
- Respond to building occupant requests in a timely and
professional manner. Performs zone maintenance rounding. Keeps
requesters apprised of the status of corrective actions and service
- General building maintenance, plumbing and assigned equipment
repairs and installations as required by the situation in a timely
and workmanlike fashion, including work by vendors.
- Insures completion of assigned PMs by the established
- Perform preventative/predictive tasks and frequencies on
equipment consistent with manufactures' recommendations and
- Ensures accuracy of documentation entered into log books or
CMMS work order system.
- Maintains documentation required by regulatory standards in a
format easily retrieved and audited.
- Assures work is done to the highest quality standards
- Reports significant problems found during inspections and
proposes a course of action to the Manager in a timely and accurate
- Insures that assigned equipment and zones are maintained to a
clean, safe, and professional appearance.
- Inspects assigned building spaces to identify and correct
general maintenance deficiencies that are within the employees
capabilities and reports those that are not to prevent facility
deficiencies from adversely impacting building occupants.
- Documents actions taken in the computerized maintenance
- Troubleshoots various equipment problems or failures to
determine the cause of the failure in a timely manner.
- Provides assistance to all building operations staff as
warranted by the situation. Establishes a plan for correction with
the assistance of service vendors or consultants as warranted.
- Insures that proper safety and infection prevention procedures
- Inspects and assures that all work is done to the highest
quality standards Education/Experience Required:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 years general exp.
- 2+ years maintenance or construction experience in a
healthcare, hotel, institutional or manufacturing facility.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Basic knowledge and understanding general maintenance, basic
carpentry, maintenance plumbing, door and door hardware repair,
application of fire stop material, flooring repairs, ceiling tile
installation, drywall repairs, bed repairs, basic electrical
maintenance (switches, outlets, and light fixtures), snow
- Valid State of Illinois Drivers License Physical Requirements
and Working Conditions:
- Occasional exposure to hazardous chemicals and toxic
substances. Occasional exposure to temperature extremes, such as
outside work or work in mechanical rooms.. Work around equipment
and building components at voltages up to 220V with occasional 480V
equipment. Ability to climb, push, pull, bend, and reach, as needed
to perform essential job activities. Mobility to access work areas
in confined spaces Ability to perform heavy lifting (lifting 50 to
100 pounds occasionally and/or 25 to 50 pounds frequently and/or 10
to 20 pounds constantly). Occasional 2nd, 3rd and weekend work,
either scheduled or to respond to emergencies.
- This requirement supersedes any previous lifting requirement
effective 12/17/2014. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without
assistance. For lifts over 35 pounds, lifting equipment is expected
to be used or lift with at least one other associate when
available. Unique lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a
case by case basis. May be required to lift greater than 35 pounds
from floor to waist. This job description indicates the general
nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not
designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may
be required to perform other related duties.
Keywords: Advocate Christ Medical Center, Oak Lawn , Maintenance Mechanic (Full Time), Other , Oak Lawn, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!