Overnight Grocery Clerk
Location: Oak Lawn
Posted on: November 22, 2022
*Position Summary: *
Demonstrate a love for food and passion for people while creating
an excellent customer experience by maintaining a friendly, safe
and clean environment. Promote and deliver a shopping experience
focused on providing customers with efficient service through
hands-on knowledge of all department products. Demonstrate the
company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity,
inclusion and safety.
*Essential Job Functions: *
- Demonstrate teamwork to ensure customer satisfaction and a
pleasant working and shopping environment.
- Provide friendly and efficient customer service by demonstrating
sincerity, patience and respect in all customer interactions and by
thanking customers for their business.
- Greet customers in a genuine and friendly manner throughout the
store and assist them by escorting them to products,
loading/unloading heavy items and helping them to retrieve out of
- Effectively communicate with customers and respond to questions
and requests in a timely manner.
- Operate equipment (e.g., box cutter, knives, slicers, wrappers,
scales, processor, fryer, boaster, ovens, compactor, highboy cart,
tongs, steamer, food processor, cleaning utensils, shrink wrappers,
decorating tube, oven racks and hot cases) according to company
- Follow basic product handling procedures.
- Assist with product production, packaging, presentation, rotation
- Ensure in-stock position of available product
- Maintain working knowledge of all department equipment.
- Gain and demonstrate a high level of operational execution,
product skills and process skills.
- Ensure consistent execution of all Department standard operating
- Utilize accomplished selling skills in order to secure additional
sales and use suggestive selling techniques to increase sales of
products during sales events.
- Communicate code dating issues and shrink opportunities and
monitor product quality to reduce shrink.
- Create a product sales plan for each scheduled shift and identify
department opportunities during scheduled shifts and create plans
- Plan work duties appropriately during the scheduled shift to
accomplish all assigned tasks. Maintain high cleanliness standards;
clean as you go, inclusive of washing, cleaning, sweeping,
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company
guidelines; comply with and reinforce all food safety and safety
regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs; report all issues
and illegal activity, including robbery, theft or fraud.
- Assist general team members as needed.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, walking on
uneven ground, turning, standing, reaching stooping/bending,
lifting/carrying objects 3 to 60 lbs., and pushing/pulling objects
500 to 1,500 lbs.; occasional lifting/carrying objects more than 60
lbs. and exposure to coolers and freezers
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position
with or without reasonable accommodation.
*We have a total benefits package including: *
- College tuition Reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Dental, Health and Vision insurance
- College partnerships to earn discounted and free degrees (6 month
waiting period applies)
- Associate discount programs
- Corporate partnership programs for discounted products including:
Apple, Ford, Jeep, HP, and many more!
- Well being assistant app-- offering free counseling, advice, and
resources (childcare facilities, gyms, ect).
- Associate assistance fund
- Opportunities to grow in leadership and experience!
*Part time and Full time positions available.* Positions vary based
Mid day, morning and night shifts all available. Flexible
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $13.40 per hour
* Employee discount
* Overnight shift
Weekly day range:
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Mariano's, Oak Lawn , Overnight Grocery Clerk, Other , Oak Lawn, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!