Firefighter EMTs - Industrial
Company: Rural Metro
Location: Oak Lawn
Posted on: November 22, 2022
INDUSTRIAL FIREFIGHTER EMT
POSITIONS AVAILALBLE! INDUSTRIAL FIREFIGHTER EMTs
SHIFT TYPE: 12 and 24 hours shifts dependent on location
FULL-TIME and PART-TIME Opportunities available in Channahon,
Lemont and East Alton
SALARY: $40,000 - $56,645 dependent on location:
- East Alton/Wieland Rolled Products - part time
- $47,384.48 annually/$20.71 per hour
- 12-hour shifts, 7-on/7-off
- Lemont/CITGO - full time
- $56,645 annually/$16.96 per hour
- 24-hr shifts working A-B-C schedule
We are hiring Industrial Firefighters w ith a passion for
firefighting and a demonstrated commitment to cultivating a
positive, collaborative work environment.
Under directsupervision,trains forandparticipatesin duties and
related responsibilities for controlling and extinguishing fires;
rescuing persons endangered by structural fires; preventing fire by
reducing or eliminating potential fire hazards; responding to and
providing assistance for medical aid calls, vehicle accidents, and
This is considered a safety sensitive position and is subject
toboth, the Company's and the Client's Industrial Drug and Alcohol
Testing Policy, which includes: pre-employment testing,
post-accident testing, random testing, reasonable suspicion
testing, return to duty testing and follow-up testing.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Valid driver license with acceptable driving record in
accordance with company policy. DUI within last 5 years is
- Must possess Illinois OSFM Basic Operations Firefighter (BOF)
or Illinois OSFM Firefighter II with Hazmat Ops or Military Fire
- Must possess Illinois EMT-B or higher EMS certification .
- Must possess CPR/AED credentials.
- Physical Agility Fitness Test (Initial Hire and Annually).
- Completion of NIMS ICS-100, 200, 700, and 800 at time of
- Must obtain and maintain a Transportation Security
Administration's "Transportation Workers Identification Credential
(TWIC) card .
- Must be able to work any shift assigned, including nights,
holidays and weekends to include scheduled and unscheduled overtime
and as needed on an emergency basis.
- Must pass FBI fingerprint-based criminal history records check
to obtain/maintain an Industrial /customer security badge
Examples of What You Will Do:
- Responds to fires with their company in a timely, safe and
skilled manner, and participates in control of fires through hose
and nozzle work, use of hand tools or a combination of these
- Quickly follows established Company procedures when responding
to emergencies as well as instructions given at the emergency
- Correctly and promptly uses all relevant apparatus, tools, and
- Remains calm and poised in all emergency situations and gains
rapid control over the problem at hand.
- Administers first aid to injured parties at their appropriate
level of training.
- Quickly analyzes situations where life safety is threatened and
applies the correct treatment.
- Safely operates Company vehicles, and equipment as
- Assists in the maintenance of fire and rescue apparatus, tools,
and equipment keeping such apparatus, tools, and equipment in good
operating and safe condition by competently and efficiently
performing maintenance and testing tasks.
- Keeps the company base and related grounds, facilities, and
supplies in a clean, orderly, and useable condition.
- Performs routine non-firefighting work tasks,such as working on
Company records, timecards and other related paperwork.
- Functions satisfactorily as a team member of a fire company at
any emergency or non-emergency scene, and willingly accepts their
share of the work required.
- Able to meet the physical requirements required to perform
- Remains skilled in and properly applies modern fire suppression
tactics, methods, and procedures at training drills and emergency
- Projects a positive attitude and image to the client as a fire
service professional to meet the client's needs.
- Works effectively in following policies and procedures.
Why Choose Rural Metro? As a national leader in private fire
protection services, Rural Metro Fire is one of Global Medical
Response 's (GMR) family of solutions. Our GMR teams deliver
compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of
emergency and patient relocation servi ces. View the stories on how
our employeesprovidecare to the world at www.AtaMomentsNotice.com .
Learn howour values are at the core of our services and vital to
how we approach care and check out our comprehensive benefit
options at GlobalMedicalResponse.com/Careers .
*Get paid to work with your friends! GMR is looking for people like
GMR Employees, if you know someone like you, have them add your
name to their application and receive a Referral Cash Bonus!
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal
Opportunity Employer, which includes supporting veterans and
providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with a
Keywords: Rural Metro, Oak Lawn , Firefighter EMTs - Industrial, Other , Oak Lawn, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!