Care Companion (Sitter)
Company: Advocate Health Care
Location: Oak Lawn
Posted on: January 25, 2023
- Identification of changes and trends in patient's(s) status and
communication of findings to the Registered Nurse or appropriate
health care provider.
- Ensures a secure and safe environment by maintaining a
continued awareness of safety hazards.
- Provision and promotion of the delivery of patient care under
the supervision of a Registered Nurse in accordance with Nursing
Department standards of care and consistent accepted standards of
practice of regulatory agencies such as Accrediting Organization,
- Completed appropriate documentation and communication in
accordance with established policy and procedure.
- Promotion of professionalism for self through participation in
in-services and continuing education programs
- High school education or equivalent.
- Clinically appropriate skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Detailed observation skills.
- Sound problem solving abilities/good judgement.
- Courteous and professional
- interpersonal skills.
- Ability to successfully complete required Care Companion
- Ability to lift and/or transport patients, 30 lbs or more.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility in unexpected
- May be exposed to hazardous materials or infectious
- Ability to work rotating shifts any day of the week, including
weekends and holidays.
- If position has direct patient care or direct patient contact
the following lifting requirement supersedes any previous lifting
requirement effective 06/01/2015. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when
patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling
equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other
associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement
situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Join our Talent Network
Nursing at Advocate Aurora
Jobs like this
- Nursing Assistant - Float pool
- Registered Nurse (RN) - Infusion - 1.0
- Labor and Delivery Nurse 0.9 7p-7a Good Samaritan Hospital
Downers Grove, IL
- Registered Nurse AMG, Endocrinology, Full time (Park Ridge)
Park Ridge, IL
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion
every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the
differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us
unique - from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities
and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our
differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions
- for our team members, consumers and communities. And because
health care is built upon relationships, it's important for the
people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs.
By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we
create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our
team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team
member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow
in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best
possible patient care.
Keywords: Advocate Health Care, Oak Lawn , Care Companion (Sitter), Other , Oak Lawn, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!