Sterile Processing Tech II CMC
Company: Advocate Aurora Health
Location: Oak Lawn
Posted on: September 12, 2023
- Assembles general and specialty instruments and sets
- 1)Examines surgical instrumentation for cleanliness, proper
assembly and proper performance.
- 2)Assembles instrument set, ensuring that the correct number
and type of instruments are present following established lists and
placing the instruments to appropriately to ensure sterilization
and ease of use by the user.
- 3)Check instrument performance and identify repair needs.
- 4)Acts as resource on instrument identification, appropriate
use, location, and availability.
- Demonstration of Leadership Behaviors.
- 1)Assists with adjustment in daily work assignments to
compensate for fluctuation to work flow.
- 2)Observes employee activities throughout the shift to ensure
that established procedures are being followed for quality
- 3)Monitors the activities of employees and other personnel in
CPD, on weekends and holidays having responsibility for an
effective and efficient operation.
- 4)Notifies manager of any problems that occur during the
- 5)Communicates ideas for revision of policy and/or
- 6)Assists in ensuring that equipment is properly functioning by
communicating equipment malfunctions to manager and/or
Engineering/Biomed and filling out appropriate work orders.
- 7)Acts as liaison between CPD and other departments to
interpret problems that occur and communicate back to them in a
courteous and professional manner.
- 8)Ability to organize,coordinate, and monitor specialty
surgical instrumentation such as loaners, robotic speciatly items,
and other services such as Eyes, Cardiac, and Neuro etc...
- 9)Ability to trouble shoot issues in the OR, coordinate tray
turnovers, and assess additional needs of the OR for effective and
efficient operation in SPD.
- 10)Assists in maintaining CPD inventory by periodically
ordering and receiving supplies and maintaining the appropriate
- Implementation of Quality Improvement Ideas to Enhance
Operation and Team Function
- 1)Identifies, discusses with manager the problem/improvement
opportunities that will be focused on for the year.
- 2)Presents problem/improvement opportunities with an action
- 3)Assists in revision of policy and/or procedures.
- 4)Monitors quality assurance indicators and reports findings to
at staff meetings and or huddle ups.
- 5)Assists in precepting and/or training of new
- 6)Be an active participant in team building and willing to
assist with creating and implementing new practices in SPD.
- Decontamination of General and Specialty instruments and sets
- 1)Demonstrates independent function in ensuring that soiled
instrumentation of any surgical specialty is decontaminated in a
manner that prevents cross-contamination.
- 2)Wears proper protective attire when performing
decontamination at ALL times.
- 3)Follows established procedures to ensure decontamination
completion and correct.
- 4)Sets up decontamination equipment for operation and ensures
proper function and continuous work flow throughout the shift.
- 5)Maintains a neat and clean work area at all times.
- 6)Reports improper equipment operation to
- 7)Handles infectious waste according to established hospital
- -High School diploma, or equivalent. -3+ years previous sterile
processing experience. -Able to print Surgery Schedule and Surgeon
Preference lists independently.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- -Speaks clearly, write legibly, and ability to pronounce
medical supply and equipment names. -Ability to follow directions
from Lead Tech or Manager. -Computer skills
- -Proof of certification upon hire require.
Physicial Requirements and Working Conditions:
- -Long periods of standing and walking. -Little to no sitting
while working. -Frequent contact with blood and body fluids. -TB
testing yearly. -Hepatitis testing at hire. -Ability to rotate to
any shift; work weekends and holidays to facilitate adequate
operation of department. -Ability to respond quickly to emergency
situation with full motor function. -Strength and dexterity to
handle sterilization equipment and supplies. -Ability to physically
respond to fire and trauma disaster codes. - Ability to handle high
stress and to critically think and to follow through in emergency
- -Ability to perform heavy lifting (approximately 30-40
Addendum: NOTE: An employee is required to to be registered with 2
years experience or completion of a college level certification
class as condition of employment. Employee must be certified within
18 months of hire NOTE: Technicians are required to complete
competency examination. Questions are based on departmental
policy/procedure specific to plasma and ethylene oxide
sterilization/aeration. This requirement must be met eight months
after start date.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work
expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform
other related duties.
Keywords: Advocate Aurora Health, Oak Lawn , Sterile Processing Tech II CMC, Other , Oak Lawn, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!