P3506203 Nursing Prof Dev Generalist/Specialist
Company: Advocate Health
Location: Oak Lawn
Posted on: September 19, 2023
- Through application of ANPD principles and acting in the roles
of advisor, change agent, collaborator, communicator, consultant,
facilitator, leader, mentor, researcher the team member applies
advanced knowledge of nursing in the delivery of evidenced-based
nursing and education interventions using the educational design
process to bridge the knowledge, skills, and/or practice gaps
identified through a needs assessment.
- Collects data and information to validate an identified gap in
professional practice and to determine the specific knowledge,
skill, or practice deficit or opportunity needed. Investigates
issues, trends, and supporting data to determine the needs of
individuals, organizations, and communities (prioritizing
- Analyzes cost and anticipated return on investment for learning
activities, programs, and projects. Transforms processes at
multiple levels through inspiration, initiation, adoption, and
sustainment of and adaptation to change using project management
and improvement processes.
- Develops context-specific outcomes based on organizational
stakeholders' and learners' values, goals, current evidence, and
regulations. Establishes a plan that prescribes strategies,
alternatives, and resources to achieve expected outcomes.
Incorporates theories pertaining to learning and behavioral change
while designing educational materials and programs.
- Promotes the generation and dissemination of new knowledge and
use of evidence to guide clinical practice, improves patient care
and foster life long learning. Role models practices for creating
and sustaining positive learning and practice environments.
- Assesses learner characteristics, including learning styles and
learning needs for program development. Creates an effective
learning environment, demonstrates proficiency in use of
technology. Evaluates the outcomes of staff education, functions in
the roles of both teacher and facilitator. Implements a variety of
teaching strategies tailored to the learner's characteristics,
learning needs, cultural perspectives, and outcome objectives.
Plans programs that are culturally relevant and that incorporate
concepts of multicultural and multigenerational education.
- Advises in the design, development, implementation, and
evaluation of materials, learning environments (i.e. virtual), and
teaching strategies appropriate to the situation and learner's
developmental level, learning needs, readiness, ability to learn,
- Exhibits system thinking throughout the planning process.
Develops partnerships to enhance health care through
interprofessional initiatives (i.e. quality improvement,
organizational excellence initiatives) and coordinates integrated
- Supports the transition of nurses and other healthcare team
members across learning and practice environments, roles, and
professional stages. Mentors, guides, and supports NEPD generalist
as applicable.Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification
- Registered Nurse license issued by the state in which the team
member practices, and
- Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) certification issued by the
American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), or
- Nursing Professional Development (RN-BC) certification issued
by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) needs to be
obtained within 6 months.Education Required:
- Master's Degree in Nursing, or
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, and
- Master's Degree in Education or related field.Experience
- Typically requires 3 years of experience in a clinical nursing
role that includes experiences in adult teaching or training,
and/or developing educational programsKnowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be knowledgeable in principles of adult learning theory
and capable of creative planning, coordinating, and overseeing
educational and orientation programs.
- Proficient at incorporating adult learning principles, online
and in person teaching methods to maximize learning and the
application of that learning.
- Excellent written and oral communications including strong
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, planning and problem
- Critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint).Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Generally exposed to a normal office environment.
- Must have functional speech, hearing, and senses to allow
- Position requires travel, may be exposed to road and weather
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.This job
description indicates the general nature and level of work expected
of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform
other related duties.
Keywords: Advocate Health, Oak Lawn , P3506203 Nursing Prof Dev Generalist/Specialist, Other , Oak Lawn, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!