Food & Nutrition Team Member 0.5FTE 6:30-3pm
Company: Advocate Aurora Health
Location: Oak Lawn
Posted on: November 19, 2023
11301 Support Operations Division - Food and Nutrition: Christ
Hospital and Medical Center
Hours Per Week:
Schedule Details/Additional Information:
6:30am - 3pm. Works 3 out of 4 weekends. Must be able to work
various positions - tray passing or tray line.
- Team Member is responsible for completing all duties that are
listed on the job routine. Duties may include working in Patient,
Retail, and Catering areas of the department. Performing sanitation
duties is a responsibility of all Food Service Team Members.
- 1)Determines if any perishable item needs to be excluded from
service due to spoilage. Places spoiled food items in waste
- 2)Any other duty as assigned.
- 3)Cleans, maintains and stocks assigned areas.
- 4)Prepares, expedites, delivers and retrieves patient trays.
Prepares and delivers nourishments and floor stock. Assists with
patient food orders as necessary or assigned. This may require
delivery food carts to patient units.
- 5)Serves cafeteria customers; Handles P.O.S. transactions;
Wipes tables; restocks service stations; prepares specialty
- 6)Follows standardized recipes, production standards, and food
safety process as applicable.
- 7)Works in the dish room/pot and pan areas as assigned.
- 8)Assists with catering orders. Performs the set-up and
clean-up of catering events.
- 9)Maintains the overall cleanliness of department, which may
include the ability to clean and sanitize all heavy duty equipment,
stainless steel areas, detail floors with machinery, delime
steamers/dishmachine, maintain fryers, dispose of old oil, clean
hood/vents and clean/maintain ovens, grill and stoves.
- 10)Follows task flows and notifies Lead or Coordinator of any
- Safety and Sanitation
- 1)Practices safety and sanitation techniques that meet
department standards and regulatory requirements.
- 2)Practices "clean as you go" in day-to-day task
- 3)Utilizes chemicals according to department and manufacturer
- 4)Practices safety and sanitation when entering patient rooms
and Food and Nutrition Department. Practices Hand Hygiene as
- 5)Utilizes the appropriate safety techniques in the performance
- 6)Uses correct body mechanics in the performance of
- 7)Adheres to proper food handling by following guidelines
established by Regulatory Agencies and the Food and Nutrition
- Department Standards
- 1)Observes hospital and Food Service Department guidelines and
- 2)Attends scheduled departmental meetings, in-services and
other meetings as scheduled.
- 3)Completes all required CBT's, hospital survey initiatives
(example: culture of safety survey) and other training as
- 4)Manages time effectively to ensure operational deadlines are
- 5)Participates in department's PI program by accepting and
completing assignments; working to evaluate all processes and
resolve identified criterion in order to meet standards for quality
and appropriateness of patient care. Achieve positive outcomes and
- High school, High School enrolled or GED, preferred Minimum of
1 year previous food handling experience, preferred Food Service
Handler training within 3 months of hire
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English
language in order to fill out simple reports, as related to
essential job activities. Ability to communicate effectively.
Ability to accurately count and perform basic mathematical
functions. Ability to relate to a diverse audience of individuals.
Basic Computer skills
Physicial Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Exposure to extreme temperature changes, i.e.; heat in dish
room, ovens, steam table and cold in the freezers. Stands for long
periods of time (95%) Exposed to many cleaning chemicals All Food
Service Jobs require repetitive movement, i.e.; Knife usage,
continual wrist and arm movements while performing required duties.
Able to access high and low areas. Able to work safely and
continuously while standing on your feet. Able to meet time
constraints in a fast-paced environment. Able to perform cleaning
tasks. Able to communicate with others. Able to safely use kitchen
equipment. Able to push wheeled equipment and movable carts. Able
to deliver food carts to patient units. Able to work flexible hours
which includes holidays, nights and weekends.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pound without assistant. For lifts
greater than 35 pounds, lifting equipment is expected to be used or
lift with at least one other associate when available.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work
expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform
other related duties.
Advocate Aurora Health is one of the 10th largest not-for-profit,
integrated health systems in the U.S. with nearly 3 million
patients served at more than 500 sites of care in Illinois and
Wisconsin, including 28 hospitals. We're redefining the standard
for care with world-class doctors and caregivers, innovative
solutions, outstanding outcomes, and leading-edge research and
clinical trials. Combined, Advocate and Aurora are recognized for
clinical excellence in a variety of specialties. Advocate Aurora
Health is one of the 10th largest not-for-profit, integrated health
systems in the U.S. with nearly 3 million patients served at more
than 500 sites of care in Illinois and Wisconsin, including 28
hospitals. We're redefining the standard for care with world-class
doctors and caregivers, innovative solutions, outstanding outcomes,
and leading-edge research and clinical trials. Combined, Advocate
and Aurora are recognized for clinical excellence in a variety of
Keywords: Advocate Aurora Health, Oak Lawn , Food & Nutrition Team Member 0.5FTE 6:30-3pm, Other , Oak Lawn, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!