Healthcare Sales Representative
Location: Oak Lawn
Posted on: May 23, 2023
We're unique. - You should be, too.We're changing lives every
day. - For both our patients and our team members. Are you
innovative and entrepreneurial minded? Is your work ethic and
ambition off the charts? - Do you inspire others with your kindness
and joy?We're different than most primary care providers. We're
rapidly expanding and we need great people to join our team.The
Membership Growth Consultant (MGC) is an outside healthcare sales
representative who's responsible for generating sales leads and
memberships by nurturing productive relationships with senior
citizens, key local community partners and senior-focused
businesses to enroll new patients to ChenMed. The incumbent in this
role arranges, designs and orchestrates sales events and develops
fun and cost-effective techniques to keep senior participation and
satisfaction high, in part to drive referral sales from satisfied
patients to help fuel membership growth. He/She effectively
communicates the ChenMed/JenCare value proposition at all community
events.ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Nurtures, builds and cultivates direct-to-seniors and
business-to-business partnerships to generate new patient
- Meets with individual seniors and groups in their homes,
workplaces, houses of worship, senior centers or living communities
to share the ChenMed value proposition.
- Plans, coordinates and executes local events within the
community (e.g., information tables, health fairs, doc talks, etc.)
to help reach our ideal patients (i.e., medically underserved,
Medicare-eligible seniors, age 55 and older).
- Cultivates strong relationships with health plan agents,
individual insurance agents, social workers, case workers, senior
housing managers, senior centers and related community providers to
keep ChenMed/JenCare Medical Centers as their top provider choice
for senior healthcare when referring patients to a primary care
- Partners with community officials, businesses and senior
outreach programs to develop initiatives that will appropriately
drive new patient growth.
- Schedules one-on-one sales meetings, referral relationships
with Plan agents, independent brokers and the senior community to
delivers solutions on immediate customer requests. Manages vendors
as related to event planning and negotiating contracts with venues
where events are taking place.
- Ensures insurance agents and/or brokers are invited to
community events to ensure timely patient assignment to
ChenMed/JenCare Medical Centers.
- Leverages marketing and sales tools to identify solutions and
sell to new customers. Maintains up-to-date client information in
designated customer relationship management (CRM) tool (i.e.,
SalesForce). Utilizes CRM tool to document interactions with
clients and ensures effective management of leads.
- Provides monthly activity calendar reflecting community access
points and new tabletop venues. Creates penetration plans and
initiatives in key target markets and channels.
- Recovers dormant customers via sales tools and marketing
- Drives new member growth by appropriately educating potential
patients on our value proposition and healthcare model. Delivers
prescribed presentation in front of large audiences.
- Develops all distribution channels to support new patient
enrollment growth. Uses all sales tools provided to ensure
efficiency and collection of pertinent data.
- Partners with sales leadership to improve effectiveness of
engagements with distributors, vendors and community partners.
- Builds trusting relationships with brokers/insurance
agents/case workers/third party vendors associated with seniors.
Develops and executes specific broker and partner strategies and
- Engages with new patients through and beyond their first
appointment. Maintains relationships with enrolled patients to
positively impact retention. Helps address and resolve customer
complaints and issues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.COMPETENCIES:Instills
trustGaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty,
integrity, and authenticity
- Follows through on commitments
- Is seen as direct and trustful
- Keeps confidences
- Practices what he/she preaches
- Shows consistency between words and actionsResults
drivenConsistently achieving results, even under tough
- Has a strong bottom-line orientation
- Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and
- Has a track record of exceeding goals successfully
- Pushes othersAction orientedTaking on new opportunities and
tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and
- Readily acts on challenges, without unnecessary planning.
- Identifies and seizes on new opportunities
- Displays a can-do attitude in good and tough times
- Steps up to handle tough issuesEffective
communicationDeveloping and delivering multi-mode communications
that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different
- Is effective in a variety of communication settings:
one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and
- Attentively listens to others
- Adjusts to fit the audience and the message
- Provides timely and helpful information to others across the
- Encourages the open expression of diverse ideas and
opinionsResiliencyRebounding from setbacks and adversity when
facing difficult situations
- Is confident under pressure
- Handles and manages crises effectively
- Maintains a positive attitude despite adversity
- Bounces back from setbacks
- Grows from hardships and negative
experiencesNetworkingEffectively building formal and informal
relationship networks inside and outside the organization
- Builds strong formal and informal networks.
- Maintains relationships across a variety of functions and
- Draws upon multiple relationships to exchange ideas, resources,
and know-howCustomer focusBuilding strong customer centric
relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Gains insight into customer needs
- Identifies opportunities that benefit the customer
- Builds and delivers solutions that meet customer
- Establishes and maintains effective customer
relationshipsPersuasivenessUsing compelling arguments to gain the
support and commitment of others
- Positions views and arguments appropriately to win support
- Convinces others to take action
- Negotiates skillfully in tough situations
- Wins concessions without damaging relationships
- Responds effectively to the reactions and positions of
othersKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High business acumen and acuity.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage
multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and expertise in, negotiation,
probing skills, closing skills and handling objections.
- Detail-oriented and proficient in MS office (PowerPoint, Excel,
Word, and Outlook), CRM tools (Salesforce) plus a variety of other
word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (e.g., pitch
letters, outbound calls, effective one-on-one meetings, group
- Positive attitude and the ability to attract patients with a
warm, gentle disposition as it relates to our target market and
their caregivers (ability to close sales without being perceived as
- Spoken and written fluency in English.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and
nationwide up to 75%; work is primarily conducted off ChenMed
- This position required use and exercise of independent
judgment.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration or a
related field OR additional combination of formal education,
training and experience above the minimum will be considered in
lieu of the education on a year-for-year basis
- A minimum of four (4) years of successful sales experience
- It is preferred that experience include three (3) years
- Experience working with seniors a plus, as is a general
understanding of Medicare Advantage
- Relevant sales experience with establishing and maintaining
relationship with business/vendor partners
- Experience in telesales to input sales data into a computer
while on the telephone with a customer
- A valid Class C or D or State equivalent driver's license,
issued by the State of current employment required.We're ChenMed
and we're transforming healthcare for seniors and changing
America's healthcare for the better. - Family-owned and
physician-led, our unique approach allows us to improve the health
and well-being of the populations we serve. We're growing rapidly
as we seek to rescue more and more seniors from inadequate health
care. - ChenMed is changing lives for the people we serve and the
people we hire. - With great compensation, comprehensive benefits,
career development and advancement opportunities and so much more,
our employees enjoy great work-life balance and opportunities to
grow. - Join our team who make a difference in people's lives every
Keywords: ChenMed, Oak Lawn , Healthcare Sales Representative, Sales , Oak Lawn, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...